What do I need to know about becoming a member or client of the EAÜ as the heir of an author of a work of art?
- The EAÜ represents authors (painters, graphic artists, and sculptors) and their heirs from all over the world.
- The EAÜ does not have a joining or annual fee, but every year the members of the society agree on the commission rates at the General Meeting.
- Payments are made to Estonian authors twice a year, usually in the second and fourth quarter.
- In addition to the signed application, the authors’ heirs shall also submit a copy of the notarised right of succession certificate.
- If one author has several heirs, they must agree on who of them will become a member of EAÜ. A corresponding written agreement must be submitted to EAÜ. The other co-heir(s) can become a client of EAÜ.
- An heir who is a client of EAÜ has the same rights and obligations as an heir who is a member of EAÜ, except that, unlike an heir with membership status, cannot personally participate and vote in the general meeting of EAÜ and be elected to the board of the EAÜ or a member of the audit committee of the EAÜ.