Registration of a musical work
The EAÜ has the right to issue licences for the use of all musical works created by its members, whether or not they are registered with the EAÜ.
What do I need to know about registering works?
- Register your works either in the EAÜ interface or in our office as soon as possible. This is the only way we can pay royalties in a timely and correct manner.
- Remember that only composers and lyricists – the original authors – can register works and they must have confirmed the relevant work. Arrangers and translators cannot register works.
- Register all persons involved in the creation of the work, including those who are not members of the EAÜ. Also add agreed distribution of royalties between the authors.
- If the registrant is the author of composition and the lyrics, he must enter him-or herself twice and also indicate his/her roles twice (C as composer and A as author of the lyrics).
- For the registration of translations, new lyrics, and arrangements, a written permission signed by the original authors (composers, lyricists) shall be submitted to the EAÜ.
- If a publishing contract has been concluded with a publishing agency, the publisher is usually responsible for the registration.
EAÜ rules for the registration of works and the distribution and payment of fees